Safeguarding your sensitive data with Microsoft 365:
Protecting and governing your organisation’s information is an ongoing challenge. It can be difficult to know the correct steps to take to ensure that your data is correctly accessed, processed, and governed, to ensure that your data is protected to prevent loss or leakage; and ensure that you are meeting compliance standards such as General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
There are many challenges to consider as you work to adopt a compliance posture fit for the modern workplace. These include:
- Large amounts of unclassified, unstructured, and unprotected data in existence within your organisation - across multiple locations, both on-premise and in the cloud
- Absence of internal expertise or understanding of your organisational compliance obligations
- Absence of process and transparency in relation to collecting and understanding personal data
- An understanding of how to process personal data in a lawful manner
- A diverse user base with differing levels of technical ability, understanding, and comfort
With Microsoft 365 Information Protection and Governance features, organisations are empowered to take control of their compliance posture by:
- Classifying data by applying built-in and custom sensitive information types
- Complying with business policies & industry regulations
- Labelling and encrypting content with Sensitivity labelling
- Preventing Data Loss or leakage with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies
- Retaining information only as long as it is needed with Retention policies
- Understanding when data should be converted into a record
Compliance in the modern workplace is hugely important, and awareness of the steps you need to take to adhere to policies and regulations will support you in implementing the best possible compliance model for your business.
Contact us to learn more about how we work with you to define the correct compliance strategy for you and your business needs, or register for our webinar for Compliance and Information Protection.
Peter is an Office Apps and Services MVP with over 25 years’ experience working with Microsoft technologies. He has specialised in the Microsoft 365 platform since 2014, initially focusing on Exchange migrations but in recent years has shifted his area of focus to SharePoint, Teams, and in particular, Security & Compliance.
Peter has worked in both internal IT Management roles and as a consultant or Architect and has delivered Microsoft cloud solutions across the UK and beyond to organisations looking for guidance with their digital transformation journey.