We are a long established and highly respected Microsoft Gold Partner with an extensive portfolio of high-profile clients that is continuing to grow. It is our mission to continue growing our Microsoft UC portfolio, and providing excellent support and guidance to ensure clients are delighted with our service – not only with specific enterprise solutions, but also with a keen eye to their future strategic needs.
Further to this, CPS and Microsoft are driving sustainment within businesses we work with, therefore business change management is another key aspect of our delivery.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams experienced 3rd line support engineer to join the CPS support services team. The role’s primary focus is the complete UC support lifecycle i.e.: 3rd Line Support for Skype for Business, Skype Online and Microsoft Teams.
Supportability of 3rd party products is a necessity e.g.:
- Ribbon SBC gateways,
- Workstream Contact Centre solutions,
- Verint Call Recording Solution
- Meeting Room solutions from Yealink, Crestron
- End User devices from Yealink, Poly
Specific Role Requirements:
An experienced technical Microsoft UC Support Engineer with excellent support skills and is able to verbally communicate with all levels of our customers organisation. A self-starter, keen to further develop both their personal and the company’s knowledge and skillset, with a ‘make it happen’ attitude. A proven commercial awareness enabling the individual to grow the relationship with a client as well as identifying new opportunities whilst they are working on client support tickets.
The ability to manage their own time and to ensure that all support activities are delivered to highest quality, on time and within the customers SLA. On-going support based on a range of Microsoft UC and 3rd party technologies to a broad client. Broad knowledge of UC support and delivery patterns and practices, application lifecycle CU patching approaches, with experience gained through all phases of support .
This is balanced by an ability to work from home for some of the time and also times when required to work in the CPS Head office (Marlow) or a customer site.
- As a SME in UC support, the role is to assist in the support of all the CPS clients around Unified Communication aspects.
- Enabled with the ability to talk in depth to CPS clients around Microsoft Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams.
- The ability to provide support remotely and onsite to assist in troubleshooting
- The ability to support the CPS Unified Communications projects as and when required from enterprise’s voice, video, mobility and telephony.
- The ability to support the CPS pre-sales activities for Unified Communications, enterprise voice, video, mobility and telephony.
- Understands business requirements, designs solutions and the ability to articulate the designed solution to the CPS client’s around support tickets
- Conduct and schedule regular service review meetings with customers to aid in identifying potential opportunities or issues (remotely and face to face)
- Produce regular reports for customers on KPI’s and SLA’s, to ensure any issues are highlighted and any trends identified
- Understanding and managing difficult clients and difficult situations with the support of the Service Management team
- Contribute to the on-going development of the UC Support function by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise with other team leaders
- Assist in the creation and growth of service propositions
- Identify further opportunities to the business through additional project work or expansion of services delivered
- Liaise with customers regarding post sales requirements, delivery, and will have input into on-going service reviews
- Recognise opportunities for improvements to procedures by pro-actively offering ideas and solutions
- Provide an escalation level for problem support, resolution and communication as appropriate
- Work with the Managed Services and App Support teams to ensure all aspects of the department “business as usual” operations can be maintained to meet customers’ requirements
Desirable personal attributes:
- Personable, and a quick builder of relationships
- Excellent interpersonal & Customer care skills
- Excellent writing & oral communication skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Imaginative Problem solver
- Ability to work as part of a Team of specialists
- Appreciation of a quality approach
- Sensitive to commercial opportunity
- Confidence in personal abilities
- Fast assimilator of information
- Resilient, appropriately persistent
- Process Management methodology
- Demonstrate an expert understanding in support of Microsoft’s UC software applications Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams, including:
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015, 2019 * and legacy Lync 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Teams, including
- Direct routing via Ribbon and AudioCodes media gateways
- PSTN Calling plans and DDI enablement
- Microsoft Skype for Business online including Microsoft calling plans
- Full Enterprise voice architecture scenarios including legacy PBX cross platform interoperability to both Microsoft Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams
- End to end deployment knowledge of On Premises, Hybrid and Office 365 for UC
- Active directory and ADFS knowledge
- 3rd party applications and interoperability including
- Ribbon SBC 1000, 2000, SWE and Ribbon azure media gateways
- AudioCodes Mediant family of gateways
- Knowledge of legacy PBX and telephony estates including
- Cisco call manager
- Mitel Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Skype for Business 2015 Core and Enterprise certification
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 Server certification
- 3rd Party vendors
- Ribbon Gateway – accreditation
- AudioCodes Gateway – accreditation
- Contact Centre (Anywhere 365) – desirable
- SIP/ISDN/PSTN in depth knowledge – desirable.
We are looking for someone with a good IT background, with a keen interest in technologies and computers. Minimum 3 years previous 2nd/3rd line UC service experience is essential. Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.
Candidate must demonstrate knowledge and abilities in the following:
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively. Understands entire process from logging to informing customer solution is in place; knows when to escalate; implements solutions not fixes.
- Proactive Thinking – The ability to take initiative to make improvements. Anticipate customer needs; looks for ways to make things better for the customer, to eliminate recurring problems, calls, is constantly learning.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification of requests. Responds well to questions. Ability to interact and communicate clearly in English with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Customer Skills – The ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner. Regards customer as most important part of job; respectful of customers and manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
- Professionalism – Uses time efficiently. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Teamwork - Contributes skills and capabilities to achieve the team’s goals. Is receptive to new ideas, builds strong working relationships and values diversity. Encourages and gives credit to others for their contributions and puts the attainment of team goals ahead of individual objectives. Ability to help Service Desk staff and makes self-available to others.
- Flexibility - Performs a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities. Accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments. Works outside of ordinary routine. Views problems or business situations from both own as well as another’s perspective. Adjusts to multiple demands and satisfying priorities. Utilises new and unique methods to resolve issues. Possesses versatility demonstrated through performance and/or some experience in multiple skill sets.
- Team/Company Fit – Absolutely always on time; enjoys working in a casual environment in terms of relationships and communication; willing to work over time; doesn’t need any hand holding.
- Technical – The ability to learn technical product information quickly and accurately.
Professional Qualifications & Certifications:
- ITIL v4 Foundation
- Ribbon Gateway
- AudioCodes Gateway
- Skype for Business 2015/2019 (70-333, 70-334)
- Microsoft Teams (MS-700)
- Good Graduate level (2:1 or above) in IT/Media related field
- Contact Centre (Anywhere 365)
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900)
- Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements (MS-100)
Some of the benefits which are integrated as part of being a colleague at CPS includes:
- Vitality – Private Medical Insurance
- YuLife – Income Protection and employee discounts benefits
- Health Assured – Employee Wellbeing Support
- Medicash – Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday – increasing to 26 days after 1 year, to 27 days after 2 years and to 28 days after 5 years
- Have your birthday as an additional day off from work. Can be adjusted to be taken within a week of your birthday if that is your preference
- Quarterly and annual star performer awards and rewarded with prizes – voted for by your peers and colleagues
- Annual professional training budget to support your Personal Development Plan
- Award winning culture http://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/best-workplaces/best-workplaces-in-the-uk
- Fortnightly ‘Engagement’ survey to assess staff Happiness levels
- Quarterly company meetings with associated social/team building events
- Workplace pension scheme which goes beyond the standard schemes
- No arduous annual appraisal process – your line manager will hold a 1-2-1 with you quarterly, as a minimum, to review and realign your objectives and your PDP as appropriate
- Free on-site parking, subject to availability
- Long service recognition at 5, 10, 15, 20 years and onwards
- Unlimited hot and cold refreshments throughout the day in the Marlow office
- Complimentary fruit & snacks
- Monthly Fat/Fit Fridays! (pre-pandemic)
- Free chair massages - head, arms, shoulders and back (pre-pandemic)
- Regular social activities such as a summer event (Pub in the Park http://pubintheparkuk.com/ ), Christmas event, Dragon boat racing http://tag-events.com/portfolio/marlow-dragon-boat-festival/, quiz nights, wine tasting, pub nights, family events, BBQs and so much more