We are a long established and highly respected Microsoft Gold Partner with an extensive portfolio of high-profile clients that is continuing to grow.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Graduate Project Manager to join the professional services team.
The Project Managers primary focus is the complete project lifecycle of the client engagement i.e.: pre-sale, through to contract finalisation, start up, design, implementation, commercial management, and handover.
It is our mission to continue growing our Microsoft services portfolio, providing support and guidance to ensure clients are delighted with our service – not only with specific enterprise solutions, but also with a keen eye to their future strategic needs. Further to this, CPS and Microsoft are driving sustainment within businesses we work with, therefore business change management is another key aspect of our delivery.
Our client base includes many blue-chip organisations from a very diverse variety of sectors including utilities, government agencies, engineering and high-tech industries, charity, financial services and education, they all have high expectations, for accuracy, customer service and delivery focus.
CPS Project Management team are looking for a self-starter, keen to further develop both their personal and the company’s knowledge and skillset, with a ‘make it happen’ attitude.
The Graduate Project Manager will be working within the growing Project Management team, reporting into the Team Lead. The role will involve managing a number of small projects, as well as supporting Project Management tasks on the larger engagements where required.
The Project Manager is responsible for applying the required Project Management control:
- Communication (Stakeholder & Team)
- Scope & Expectation Management
- Change Control
- Planning & Resource Management
- RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency) management
- Deliverable acceptance and Financial control (Billing)
- Internal and Client facing performance reporting (highlight reporting, cost status reporting)
Time management, expectation management and clear communication is important within the commercial aspects of engagements. The Project Manager must ensure that all activities are delivered to high quality, on time and within budget and ensure that clients are delighted by their experience when engaging with CPS.
CPS have clients across the UK and travel is required at times, with occasional overseas assignments. This is balanced by an ability to work from home for some of the time.
- Personable, approachable, and quick builder of relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organised, motivated, and appropriately persistent to achieve goals.
- Enjoys working in a multi-functional team.
- Displays willingness to make decisions and thrives under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple tasks/projects, prioritising where necessary.
- Fast assimilator of information
- Quality / customer relationship focus
- Keen to develop, building knowledge and skills
- Happy to travel to client sites throughout the UK if required
- Demonstratable delivery of a successful project, either work based, educational or personal
- Understanding of managing project financials and budgets
- Understanding of end-to-end project lifecycle delivery, and the different type of project execution (Agile/Waterfall)
- Experience in a Project Co-ordination role is desirable but not essential
Some of the benefits which are integrated as part of being a colleague at CPS includes:
- 9 Day Fortnight – three day weekend every other week
- Vitality – Private Medical Insurance
- YuLife – Income Protection and employee discounts benefits
- Health Assured – Employee Wellbeing Support
- Medicash – Health Cash Plan
- 25 days holiday – increasing to 26 days after 1 year, to 27 days after 2 years and to 28 days after 5 years
- Have your birthday as an additional day off from work. Can be adjusted to be taken within a week of your birthday if that is your preference
- Quarterly and annual star performer awards and rewarded with prizes – voted for by your peers and colleagues
- Annual professional training budget to support your Personal Development Plan
- Award winning culture http://www.greatplacetowork.co.uk/best-workplaces/best-workplaces-in-the-uk
- Fortnightly ‘Engagement’ survey to assess staff Happiness levels
- Quarterly company meetings with associated social/team building events
- Workplace pension scheme which goes beyond the standard schemes
- No arduous annual appraisal process – your line manager will hold a 1-2-1 with you quarterly, as a minimum, to review and realign your objectives and your PDP as appropriate
- Free on-site parking, subject to availability
- Long service recognition at 5, 10, 15, 20 years and onwards
- Unlimited hot and cold refreshments throughout the day in the Marlow office
- Complimentary fruit & snacks
- Monthly Fat/Fit Fridays! (pre-pandemic)
- Free chair massages - head, arms, shoulders and back (pre-pandemic)
- Regular social activities such as a summer event (Pub in the Park http://pubintheparkuk.com/ ), Christmas event, Dragon boat racing http://tag-events.com/portfolio/marlow-dragon-boat-festival/, quiz nights, wine tasting, pub nights, family events, BBQs and so much more